A Showcase of Practical Ideas for Making Saugerties Greener
Saturday May 4, 2019. Noon – 4:00
Greco Senior Center,
207 Market St,
Addressing the climate crisis by reducing greenhouse gas emissions is a critical issue of our time. Learn what you can do to combat the climate crisis, and save money at the same time, at the GO SMART GO GREEN FAIR.
The fair will feature:
- Energy-efficient home and home products.
- Central Hudson. John Maserjian, Energy Efficient Education for residents & businesses.
- Passive House Alliance – Hudson Valley Chapter. Stephanie Bassler.
- Energy Audits for home and business owners.
- Custom Built. Jeanine Hill, Energy-efficient windows and doors.
- Mowers and More. Victoria Martino, Battery powered robotic lawnmowers & state of the art lithium-ion battery powered lawn equipment-including a push mower, chainsaws, leaf blowers, pole saws, string trimmers, hedge trimmers and more.
- HeatSmart Ulster-Sullivan (HeatSmart U-S), a state-supported community campaign to help our local home and business owners increase energy efficiency and choose clean heating and cooling systems.
- Hands-On with Electric Cars. Learn about electric vehicles and charging, and explore several brought by Saugerties residents.
- Solar Energy
- Solar Generation. Michael Shay, solar installer.
- Sun Common. Cal Trumann, Community & Commercial Solar.
- East Light Partners. These are the guys installing a solar array atop the Town landfill.
- PlugPV Solar. Roger Weisman, solar provider.
- Town of Saugerties.
- How the Town of Saugerties is reducing its greenhouse gas emissions.
- Water Conservation recommendations from Saugerties Town & Village and NYCDEP, NYSDEC, USEPA as well as partnering with Sustainable Hudson Valley for Water Conservation initiatives.
- The Power of Trees. The Saugerties Village Tree Commission will provide information about the importance and value of planting trees, how to properly plant and care for trees, choosing the right tree.
- Recycling and Composting in Saugerties.
Reduce. Remove, Recycle — food scraps & food waste.
- Town of Saugerties Organic Recycling Program. Mary McNamara, program coordinator will explain the composting drop off at the Transfer Station.
- Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency. Angelina Peone or Melinda France, Recycling & Composting Education.
- Plastic-free options. Information on how to reduce/reuse/recycle and REFUSE plastic use.
- Project Drawdown. Larry Ulfik will discuss solutions to reduce Greenhouse Gasses worldwide, from the book "Drawdown".
- New Yorkers for Clean Power (NYCP). A statewide non-profit campaign to rapidly shift to a clean energy economy.
Free admission, family and children's activities, refreshments, raffle prize.
The first 50 to sign in will get a free Climate Smart cloth shopping bag!
Save the date for this event. More details on vendors and presentations coming soon.
The Saugerties GoSmartGoGreen Fair is sponsored by Climate Smart Saugerties and the Saugerties Chamber of Commerce.